Merlin empowers independents to own their future. Merlin is a member-driven, music-focused organization that provides digital music licensing to independents around the world. Members benefit from Merlin’s premium offerings, but work directly with key digital partners. Our members consist of independent labels, distributors and other rights holders, representing tens of thousands of labels and hundreds of thousands of artists from every country in the world. Merlin works in collaboration with our digital partners, restores value to these digital partners and seeks to generate other additional benefits for our members.
Merlin’s approach has allowed our members to grow to represent 15% of the global market share. Merlin’s membership includes independents such as Amuse, Armada Music, AVL Group (including CD Baby, DashGo and FUGA), Beggars Group, Five Music Group, Dim Mak, DistroKid, Domino, Epitaph Records, Foundation Media, Kontor New Media, Mad Decent, MNRK, Monstercat, Mushroom Music, Ninja Tune, [PIAS]Secret City, Secretly, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop and hundreds more.
Merlin has agreements with nearly 40 digital services, including Apple, AWA, Boomplay, Deezer, JioSaavn, JOOX, KKBox, Lickd, Meta (fka Facebook), NetEase, Pandora, Snap, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tencent, TikTok, Triller and YouTube Music, and is in conversation with dozens of others.
This is a newly created role for a self-starter with experience as a Human Resources Generalist. This role will work closely with the CEO to design, implement and refine best practices across a global organization. The role will also interface with colleagues at all levels to manage and deliver HR services to a growing global organization with a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to take the helm of HR with a dynamic, stable and growing global organization (with resources in London, New York, North Carolina, the Netherlands and Tokyo).
This is a full-time position based in New York and reporting to the CEO.
- Taking the CEO’s vision for people and culture and translating it into an HR action plan
- Implement a global HR action plan as a hands-on HR practitioner while leveraging various partner resources already in place including TriNet PEO, Lattice, EnterGain and a global PEO
- Oversee the employee review process, including implementation, timely completion, and employee job descriptions are entered and updated in Lattice annually
- Conduct employee surveys to optimize decision-making, Pulse checks, growth and learning opportunities, onboarding, etc.
- Oversee the global recruitment process, ensure overall consistency and review for effectiveness
- Revise and update the staff manual
- Leverage PEOs and other resources to ensure compliance with local requirements
- Refine onboarding and mentoring programs for new employees
- Be an accessible resource for all employees and deal with dignity and professionalism with any employee relations issues that may arise
- Develop a strategy for employee well-being and work-life balance, resilience and productivity.
- Monitor, review and make recommendations on compensation and benefits
- Develop and administer learning and training programs and training to improve employee performance
- Create and administer an internship program
- Develop and implement DEI programs that create a sense of welcome and belonging for all colleagues at all stages of the employment lifecycle
- Collaborate with CEO on initiatives that build collaboration and positive culture
- Create KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to track and improve HR, training and development, culture, and DEI effectiveness
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 3-5 years as HR Generalist or HR Business Partner
- Resourceful and self-driven, with strong vendor management skills and a drive to be a “one-stop-shop” HR in a dynamic and growing company
- Passion for working across cultures and time zones
- Hands-on experience of the full recruitment cycle and managing external recruitment partners where applicable
- Human resources administration, including employee onboarding and departure, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Experience managing the administration of HR and benefits providers and systems, such as payroll platforms and services, ATS, LMS or PEO
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and proficiency in compliance matters
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others to become better managers
- Direct experience in architecting and leading strategic HR initiatives such as L&D or DEI programs
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective judgment on the appropriate handling of confidential information
- Strong tactical skills in HR analysis and Excel
- The highest level of integrity and work ethic
- Well-rounded modern thinker with an agile and practical mindset
Title, salary and benefits will be offered based on the candidate’s relevant experience.
Equal opportunity and diversity
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other status protected by law. Additionally, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, fair and inclusive environment for all candidates, employees, member companies and partners.
Please apply via this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2984205915/?capColoOverride=true