Warp is a leading independent record label releasing music by groundbreaking and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Yves Tumor, Kelela, Mount Kimbie, Nightmares on Wax, !!!, Battles and many more on his Etiquettes family.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join the team and assist in the day-to-day operations of our retail, marketing and general operations in North America. The successful candidate will be an avid follower of Warp and its roster, as well as the broader landscape of contemporary music and the arts. They will be attentive, eager to learn and support Warp and its labels in various fields in a marketing role, as a key full-time member of our passionate team.
SUMMARY OF THE RLE
The Marketing Coordinator will provide support to the Promotion and Marketing team to deliver exceptional campaigns for Warp and its labels while assisting the day-to-day operations of our staff based in North America. This role will provide streaming presentations for our releases to North American Services in support of the NA Retail Manager and will have exposure and input in all key areas of our business, including promotions. , retail, streaming, analytics, live events, financial operations and office administration.
- Attend weekly meetings and write notes and actions.
- Collaborate on thoughtful and practical approaches to our campaign strategies.
- Build relationships with external partners while providing support for product setup, presentations and communication of campaign updates on a regular basis.
- Coordinate research and global reporting with staff.
- Manage the calendar of internal events, coordinate guest lists and ticket purchases
- Coordinate events and promotional activities, such as tunes, shows, label fairs and more.
- Travel booking, route management and tracking budgeted expenses for promotional trips.
- Coordinate information, metadata and resources for the team and partners when needed.
- Manage office inventory and support the team with necessary administrative tasks.
- Look for new initiatives and opportunities that may be relevant to all campaigns on a consistent basis.
- Communicative and enthusiastic about learning.
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator, able to speak music in an engaging manner.
- Attention to detail and great concern for the accuracy and presentation of their work.
- Very organized and able to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of the recorded music process (creation / distribution / marketing).
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Slack is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in a role in the music industry preferably.
Based in New York with a mix of office, events and remote working (we remain flexible during the pandemic).
Salary depends on experience.
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/7xXTv
Applications close on January 20, 2022.
Please use the “Message to hiring manager” section to provide a complete cover letter explaining why you feel suitable for the position.
Thank you for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognize the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything you would like to let us know, please contact Warp’s Jo Holder at the time of your application.