Role: finance manager
Company: Warp (records and publishing)
Location: remote and in the office (North London, NW5)
Salary: competitive and according to experience
Closing date: Monday 23 August
We are hiring a finance manager to lead the finance function of our recording and publishing business. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the finance department and produce insightful reports and analysis to support key business decision making.
Warp Records is a leading independent London-based record company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Our list includes Aphex Twin; Flying Lotus; Danny Brown; Brian Eno; Kelela, Yves Tumeur; boards of directors of Canada; Oneohtrix Point Never and many more. We also work in partnership with the labels LuckyMe, On-U Sound, Duophonic, etc.
Our publishing company provides personalized music editing service to a diverse roster of successful artists, sheet music composers and songwriters, including Anna Meredith; Danny Brown; Oneohtrix Point Never; Yves Tumeur; Khruangbin; Boards of Directors of Canada and many more.
In this role as a Finance Officer, you will play a key role in the performance and growth of recording and publishing companies. We are looking for someone with a positive and dynamic attitude. This is a hands-on role, and you need to familiarize yourself with both companies to understand how they work on their own, enabling you to deliver business results and recommendations.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be in charge of:
- Coach and lead the finance team in day-to-day activities; have ultimate responsibility for the production and results of the team
- Ensure accurate monthly management accounts are provided in a timely manner
- Provide sales support and business information to the creative and marketing teams of Recordings & Publishing
- Execute the annual budgeting and forecasting process for recordings and editing to support current and future business decisions
- Produce statutory accounts; regulatory reporting and management of the annual audit process
- Identify and implement process improvements with the finance team
- Produce weekly cash flow forecasts and authorize weekly payment cycles
- Managing tax compliance (e.g. corporate tax; VAT; PAYE, etc.) and managing relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. bank, auditors, etc.)
What skills and experience do you have?
- You are a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with significant post-qualified experience
- Experience in roles such as Senior Financial Director; Financial Director and / or Financial Controller
- Experience in managing a finance team of at least 4 people
- Experience in implementing new accounting software and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and convey financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Advanced Excel skills
- Commercial spirit
- Customizable and very results oriented
- Enjoy problem solving and dive into the details
- Demonstrated experience in working simultaneously on strategic and operational tasks
- A first experience in the music (or media) industry would be a plus
- Strong interest in music and the music industry, and excited about the prospect of working for a respected and renowned independent record company and music publisher!
How can I apply?
Please send your CV and cover email detailing your background and why you are the right fit to lead our Finance team, to Jo at [email protected]
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognize the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent.
In addition, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be necessary. If you want to let us know about anything, please leave Jo ([email protected]) know at the time of your request.